Soufflesong/Neverland Lolita: Butterfly Cemetery, Perfume Hydrangea Skirt, Morning Star Idol Campus, and Sparkling Chiffon Short Blouse

Before I start with this review, I want to apologize to everyone reading this. I didn't order all of these items at once, but in three orders over a time period of about 6 months or so. Since I haven't written reviews on any of the items I ordered previously AND I recently received my latest Soufflesong order, I figured now would be as good a time as any to mention all the items I own from them.

Soufflesong's banner, I do not own!

Soufflesong is a Taobao shop that came across my radar because they were one of the few shops that offer custom sizing. Granted, their size range is such that I have yet to actually order custom sizing from them, but I like to support brands that help make Lolita more accessible to all. At one point, Soufflesong had gotten rid of their custom sizing option, but last I heard, it was back up! Plus size Lolitas rejoice!

The ordering process from Soufflesong is incredibly easy. They have an English website, as well as a Taobao shop, so anyone can log on to their English page and use the super simple ordering system. I find that shipping from the English site is actually cheaper than the Taobao shop, so I just go that route. They also offer a rewards program through their English website, where buyers can earn points for every order and use them on the next purchase. I've gotten major discounts with their rewards program so that's a wonderful perk.

The downside to Soufflesong is that sometimes their items are not that great. Given the low price, I tend to hold low expectations, but they remind me of early Fanplusfriend -- their prices are reasonable, but their items sometimes match the quality of that price point. One flaw I've noticed lately in their items is sizing, but I'll touch more on that later.

Another negative to Soufflesong is their shipping/making time: typically with Taobao, buyers wait at least 30 days for their items to be made, but for Soufflesong, it's 60 days and *occasionally* longer than that. Thankfully, Soufflesong lists the making time for each item on the item description page, but in one particularly large group order that I placed, we bought everything in March and didn't receive our goods until the very last week of May.

Suffice it to say, I don't recommend ordering from Soufflesong if you have a deadline to meet because they take two months minimum to complete most orders, especially if there's custom sizing involved. They're pretty good about communication via e-mail or Facebook though, so on the off chance that you do have to wait longer than two months, you can PM them to check on the status of your order quite often.

Butterfly Cemetery Skirt

Butterfly Cemetery stock photo, I do not own!

I lovveeeeeeeee this skirt. Love, love, love, this skirt. I bought it in my first GO from SouffleSong and I couldn't be more happy with it. The fabric is light enough to feel breezy, but heavy enough to hold my petticoat. I was worried when I first took it out of the package because it felt kinda thin, but it held up pretty well.

My skirt!
I love the high waisted factor of it and how it sits perfectly on my torso. I ordered the skirt in the black x blue colorway in a size L. The print is pretty vibrant and gorgeous. Just writing this review makes me want to wear it again. I. Love. This. Skirt. 

I can't speak for the rest of the line (the OP or JSK) but this skirt was definitely worth every penny, 8/8, would buy it in every colorway if I actually owned any purple or red, XP

Here's the coord I put together using this piece:

PAX South coord!

Perfume Hydrangea Skirt

Stock photo, I do not own!
I'll be totally honest: the jury is still out on this skirt. I realized as I was trying it on that I don't have the proper blouse for this skirt, so when I tried it on with most of my blouses, I didn't like the way it looked. The other thing to note is that the high waist on this skirt is significantly higher than the waist on Butterfly Cemetery.

Skirt in Sax.
High waists are a catch-22 for busty folks: they're either super flattering or not flattering at all; there's no in between. I'm worried that this will lean more towards the latter, but I blame my blouses more than anything else.

That being said: my Perfume Hydrangea skirt is beautiful. The lace looks good and it didn't have any weird edges or bizarre threads. The biggest issue with the Perfume Hydrangea skirt is the two bows on the front of the skirt. They look good in the stock photo, but in person, they're kinda weird. The larger waist bow is detachable (thank goodness) so while I didn't like it, it wasn't a big deal.

Close-up of the print.
The fit of the Perfume Hydrangea skirt is kinda bizarre too. It looks great under a petticoat, but without more dramatic poof, it runs the risk of making the wearer look like a tube sock, -__- For those reasons, I definitely have to say that the Butterfly Cemetery skirt is better. I give this skirt a 6/8, because I can't get over those weird bows in the front.

Back of the skirt.
Morning Star Idol Campus Back Strap Jumperskirt

Stock photo, I do not own!
When I saw the photoshoot for this dress, I flipped my lid. I HAD to have it! I love Sailor Lolita and this was calling my name. Unfortunately,  this is where Soufflesong disappointed me the most.

I ordered this lovely JSK in a size XL, which has a listed bust of 108 cm. Welp, someone over at Soufflesong has a different measuring tape than I do because my bust is 102 cm and I baaareeeely fit in the bust. That's also the weird thing: I only have a bust issue, the rest of the JSK is fine. I'm not sure what happened, but something funky is going on with the top of this JSK. Busty friends, order this in custom size. Don't risk it, y'all.

This looks so weird on the hanger.
The JSK has criss-cross straps in the back and a sailor collar that *is not* detachable. I'm fine with that because I like how it looks, but I thought the collar was removable when I bought it, so it's just something to note. I love the rich navy color of the dress and it shows up that way in pictures, which is a plus. The buttons are kinda flimsy so I imagine I'll be replacing or reinforcing those soon, which isn't a big deal.

The fabric seems fine (I don't know much about fabrics, lol) and it held my petticoats pretty well. This JSK is decidedly A-Line though, so you can't try to use a cupcake petti with this: it looked bad when I tried it, haha. I give it a 5 out of 8 and I plan to take it to a seamstress to see if she can offer some assistance with the bust issue.

Check out my coord with this JSK!

Coord with my new JSK!
Sparkling Chiffon Short Blouse 

Stock photo, I do not own!

While I was mildly disappointed with my JSK, I was pleasantly surprised with this crop top blouse! I bought it in navy and it's so pretty! It's lightweight and it fits well; I can't wait to coord it. 

This is my second attempt at buying a crop top blouse, as they're currently trending within the Lolita community right now. The last one I tried (also from SouffleSong) was so uncomfortable, I tried it on once and sold it immediately. But this one was so much better! I love that the navy color is so deep and it sparkles, *__*

Crop blouse.
It was crazy affordable too, at a mere $18 so I would definitely buy this in other colors. I give this blouse an 8 out of 8 and with that, Soufflesong officially becomes a shop I would purchase from again, though with a bit of caution.

They recently released a line called Layered Ice Cream and the white x sax JSK is calling my name! I love the halter straps and the fullness of the skirt.

Layered Iee Cream JSK, stock photo

Have you ordered anything from Soufflesong before? If not, hopefully, this post was informative for you! I'll be back soon with a Taobao review and maybe a few other things. Don't forget to chat with me in the comment box below!

Stay beautiful, stay true,
~J

Comments

Popular Posts